Moong Dal ki Khichdi
- 4 People
- 15 Mins.
- 1 and 1/2 cups of Basmati rice, washed and soaked in water for 30 minutes and drained
- 1/2 cup of yellow moong dal, washed and soaked in water for 30 minutes and drained
- 5 tsps of butter or oil
- 1 medium-sized onion finely chopped
- 2 to 3 whole cloves
- 6 peppercorns
- 1/4 Black pepper powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 and 1/2 tsps of Tata Salt
- 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder
- 3 cups of boiling or hot water
- 1 tsp of ghee
- Fresh coriander leaves
Method to make Moong Dal ki Khichdi
In a large saucepan, melt the butter or oil over moderate heat.
Add the cloves, peppercorns, black pepper powder and bay leaf.
Then add the onion and fry, stirring occasionally for 4 minutes or until the onion is soft and translucent, but not brown.
Add the rice, moong dal, tata salt and turmeric powder.
Stir and toss the mixture gently.
Reduce the heat to moderate low and stir gently for a minute.
Pour the boiling water and stir once.
Cover the pan, reduce the heat to low and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the rice and moong dal are cooked tender and all the water has been absorbed. Serve at once.
Garnish with 1 tsp of ghee and fresh coriander leaves.
for Moong Dal ki Khichdi
Tata Sampann High Protein Moong Dal Recipe Chefs Recommendation