Collection and Use of Personal Information
- “Personal information” is data that can be used to identify or contact a single person.
- When Users register on TCL, they shall provide TCL their contact information, including their name, date of birth, telephone number, gender and email address. TCL uses this information to send Users updates about their order, questionnaires to measure User satisfaction with TCL’s service and announcements about new services that TCL may offer. Users are also required to provide their billing address as well as credit/debit card details. TCL uses this information only for billing and delivery purposes. For Users’ convenience, TCL saves billing information in case Users want to order from TCL again.
- TCL may hire other companies to provide limited services on its behalf, including packaging, mailing and delivering purchases, answering User questions about products or services and sending postal mail. TCL will only provide those companies the information they need to deliver the service.
- TCL may also use Personal Information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve TCL services. TCL may use the Personal information for promotional services including through social media to which Users give consent to it.
- Users may browse the Website without disclosing to TCL who they are or revealing any Personal Information about themselves. However, Users may not be able to access certain parts of the Websites if they chose to do so.
- TCL will occasionally ask the Users to complete optional online surveys. These surveys may ask the Users for contact information and demographic information (like zip code, age, or income level). TCL uses this data to tailor User experience on the Website, providing the Users with content that TCL thinks Users might be interested in and to display content according to User preferences.
Manner of dealing with Personal Information
- TCL gathers some information automatically and stores it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet Service Provider (ISP), referring and exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
- TCL uses this information to understand and analyze trends, to administer the Website, to learn about user behavior on the Website, and to gather demographic information about TCL user base as a whole. TCL may use this information in its marketing and advertising services.
- TCL uses Personal Information to provide the services that the User requests. TCL will provide the User with the ability to opt-‐out of such uses. TCL uses User’s Personal Information to resolve disputes; troubleshoot problems; help promote a safe service; collect money; measure consumer interest in TCL’s products and services, inform the User about online and offline offers, products, services, and updates; customize User experience; detect and protect TCL against error, fraud and other criminal activity; enforce TCL terms and conditions; and as otherwise described to the User at the time of collection.
Cookies and Other Technologies
- When Users register themselves on the Website, TCL creates User’s profile, assigning a personal identification number, this personal identification number is then sent back to User’s hard drive in the form of a “cookie”, which is a very small bit of code. This code is unique to each User. It enables seamless travel across the Website, allowing User to use the Website without having to enter his password frequently or fill out registration forms with information User has already provided.
Disclosure to Third Parties
- At times TCL may make certain Personal Information of the Users available to strategic partners or other professional organisations that work with TCL to provide products and services, or that help TCL market to Users. User’s Personal Information will only be shared by TCL to provide or improve its products, services and advertising.
- It may be necessary by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and government authorities for TCL to disclose User’s Personal Information. TCL may also disclose information about the User if it determines that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
- TCL may also disclose information about the Users if it determines that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce TCL terms and conditions or protect its operations or Users. Additionally, in the event of reorganization, merger, or sale TCL may transfer any and all Personal Information TCL collects to the relevant third party.
Protection of Personal Information
- TCL has taken adequate measures to protect the security of User’s Personal Information and to ensure that User’s choices for its intended use are honored. TCL takes robust precautions to protect User data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
- TCL assures Users that their e-‐commerce transactions are safe and secure. When Users place orders or access their personal account information, they're utilizing a secure server software SSL, which encrypts their Personal Information before it's sent over the Internet. SSL is one of the safest encryption technologies available.
- User’s Personal Information is never shared outside TCL without User permission, except under conditions explained above. Inside the company, data is stored in password-‐ controlled servers with limited access to employees and other personnel or consultants on a need-‐to-‐know basis.
- To ensure safety of User’s Personal Information, Users are advised against sharing their user name and password with anyone.
- Access to Personal Information
TCL provides Users with the means to ensure that their Personal Information is correct and current. Users may review and update this information at any time by logging into their account or by visiting the “My Accounts” section. Users can also change their passwords and other details related to their profile by logging into their account.
Third-‐Party Sites and Services
- TCL uses third-‐party advertising companies to serve ads when the User visits the Website. These companies may use information (not including User name, address, email address, or telephone number) about User’s visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to the User.
- The User agrees and acknowledges that his Personal Information collected through the Website may be transferred across national boundaries and stored and processed in any the country around the world. User also acknowledges that in certain countries or with respect to certain activities, the collection, transfer, storage, and processing of User information may be undertaken by trusted third party vendors or agents of TCL such as credit card processors, web hosting providers, communication services, and web analytic providers, to help facilitate TCL in providing certain functions.
From time to time, TCL may communicate with Users who subscribe to its services via email or text message. TCL provides Users the opportunity to exercise an opt-‐out choice if they do not want to receive non-‐essential communication from TCL, such as emails or updates from TCL regarding new services and products offered on the Website or if Users do not want TCL to share their Personal Information with third parties. The opt-‐out choice may be exercised by ticking or un-‐ticking the appropriate box if such checkbox is available at the points where User’s Personal Information is collected or by contacting TCL at firstname.lastname@example.org. TCL will process User’s unsubscribe request as soon as possible, in some circumstances Users may receive a few more emails until the unsubscribe request is processed. Users also may opt-‐out of receiving such emails by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link within the text of the email.
If the Users want to remove their contact information from the Website or withdraw all consents given by them to TCL, they can do so by writing to email@example.com
- Limitation of Liability
- TCL is not responsible for any breach of security or for any actions of any third parties that receive the User’s Personal Information.
- A “Force Majeure Event” shall mean any event that is beyond the reasonable control of TCL and shall include, without limitation, sabotage, fire, flood, explosion, acts of God, civil commotion, strikes, lockouts or industrial action of any kind, riots, insurrection, war, acts of government, computer hacking, civil disturbances, unauthorised access to computer data and storage device, computer crashes, breach of security and encryption, and any other similar events not within the control ofTCL and which TCL is not able to overcome.
- Privacy Questions.
Queries regarding this statement should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org